Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default OT - budgets

On Dec 11, 11:38*am, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Bruce writes:

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:41:50 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
* * * *Bruce writes:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:46:13 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

So unless we all pay this 36bn in taxes, he ain't gonna balance his books? -
unless he has another source of income we don't know about?

36,000,000,000, split between about 36m taxpayers, means we all owe the ****
a grand

That's in addition to the several grand each we already owe him for
rescuing the banks.

I think it's currently £171B, so that's about £5k each.

A frightening thought. *

Time for another coffee, this time with brandy. *;-)

My personal view on debt it to pay it off ASAP, save on interest
payments, and get it over and done with. Knocked 10 years off
my first mortgage that way (saving myself thousands), and I've
been doing the same with my second mortgage when I can afford to.
Even a tiny overpayment makes an enormous difference (first make
sure your mortgage is not one that penalises overpayments though).

Given we're all effectively going to have to pay that £5k each
above and beyond our existing taxes, it would be nice to have an
option to do it early, and bow out of the long term (and much
more expensive option) of spreading it over many years of high
taxes, not to mention that makes it cheaper for the whole country
too and gets us back into a recovery position.

Agreed, but for those able to pay it will be a hell of a lot more than
£5k to subsidise those who can't pay.

MBQ