Posted to alt.home.repair
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Patching hole in yard lamp pole

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:34:30 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:37:12 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Prof Wonmug wrote:

When I went out to string Christmas lights on the ivy growing around
the lamp pole in the front yard, I noticed that there is a hole in the
pole about the size of a quarter. I can see the electrical wires
through the hole.

Is there some kind of plug that I can get to plug the hole?

The pole is black. What if I just wrapped it 4-5 times with black
electrician's tape?

The pole is almost completely covered with ivy so neither the hole nor
my patch will be visible.

If you feel like going to the trouble, take the head off the lamp and
use a piece of shrink tubing on the pole.

I thought shrink tubing was just that clear plastic stuff for
electrical connections. I didn't know it was available in larger
sizes.

Probably available larger. But it's a silly idea for this purpose. Did you
find anything useful at the funky hardware store?

I never got over there. It's not real close, so I was waiting for some
other reason to go over there. In the meantime, I used black
electrical tape. The next time I'm over that way, I will stop in and
see if they have something, just for fun.