Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Patching hole in yard lamp pole

In article ,
Prof Wonmug wrote:

When I went out to string Christmas lights on the ivy growing around
the lamp pole in the front yard, I noticed that there is a hole in the
pole about the size of a quarter. I can see the electrical wires
through the hole.

Is there some kind of plug that I can get to plug the hole?

The pole is black. What if I just wrapped it 4-5 times with black
electrician's tape?

The pole is almost completely covered with ivy so neither the hole nor
my patch will be visible.

If you feel like going to the trouble, take the head off the lamp and
use a piece of shrink tubing on the pole.