Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Best Over-the-Range Microwave Brands?

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
Ken_W wrote:

1. Whirlpool?
2. GE?
3. Frigidaire?

Is this the top 3 or am I way off. Any suggestions on where to start
comparing brands/models?

Amana and Panasonic appear to dominate the commercial microwave market. I
know just about every time I take notice of the brand in a restaurant it
is
a Panasonic. That also happens to be the brand of the best one I ever
owned.

Get the inverter. The first microwaves just cooked half the time on the 50%
setting. On and off for equal amounts of time, with full power blasts. The
Inverters cook at truly the % of power you set them at. Makes a huge
difference when cooking delicate things or things that like to blow up.

Steve