Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Winch power supply

On Dec 15, 1:54*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I have a winch I can buy for $200 that is almost brand new. *It is a 12v.
Vortec 9500 # winch. *I can use it for some skidding I need to do onto my
trailer, but then, would hang it on an I beam dolly for hoisting. *Since it
is 12v. *what would I use as a power supply that would give me the same as
an automotive setup?

Steve

I damaged two riding mower batteries and a jump start pack by running
a 2500# winch off them. They still work but the charge capacity
dropped a lot.

Winches and hoists have different control requirements and the makers
don't recommend interchanging them. YMMV

jsw