George M. Kazaka

Default Oak end table drawer - wooden slides and M&T questions (Long)...

Maybe I am missing something, why does anyone want to make a tenon on the
table saw with a stick going straight up in the air as with any tenoning
jig.

I have always made them with the dado blades,the wood is laying flat.
use the mitre gauge to hold the wood and the fence as a stop
Sometimes it takes several passes depending on the length of the tenon

Cut the mortise first with a router, A mortise machine, trained termites or
whatever
then cut the tenon to fit

Good Luck,
George

"T." wrote in message
Thu, Dec 4, 2003, 2:06am (EST+5) (Bay Area Dave)
laments about, among other things:
snip I don't have a tenoning attachment for the TS, but could rig up
something, albeit kludgy snip

Crap, Bay Area Dave. Is it too much of a challenge to google? Or,
to check the archives? This wheel has already been invented, you don't
have to reinvent it, just take advantage of what's already been done.
That is you typing, isn't it? On a computer? With access to the world
wide web? Tenoning jig plans have been posted before. But, even if
not, they aren't rocket science.

It makes my teeth ache, to read some of the questions you ask. So
here's plans. Free plans. Normally, I would have said this was about a
30 second search, but the system is extremely slow tonight, and this
took closer to two and a half minutes.
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howT...c=howToLibrary

Please tell me I can accomplish these tasks without buying more stuff!
snip

Apparently not.

JOAT
I love cats, but I can never eat a whole one.
- John Wamsley

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 4 Dec 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/