Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default New (quality) build: Is central heating piping pressure tested?

I don't have a problem. Am just curious.

In my previous ex-LA house the central heating pipes were mainly
visible along the skirting boards and were also routed upstairs under
the floorboards. It was possible therefore to inspect the piping for
leaks quite easily.

In my current house, built in 2004, all piping is hidden under the
tiled floors. Only the little stubs that pop up through the floor
tiling where the radiators connect are visible.

Question: When such piping is installed, is it pressure tested in some
way? I could imagine discovering where a leak is with hidden piping
could be a very costly business. One would have to lift some or all of
the floor tiles for a start.

MM