Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_2_] Steve B[_2_] is offline

Default Best Over-the-Range Microwave Brands?

"Steve B" wrote

They are also very
unsafe. You have your private parts right next to hot stuff on the stove
when you reach up there to put stuff in and take it out. You have hot
stuff at shoulder height and arms length.

I know it works for some people, and for some styles of cooking, but I'd
never own one.

Steve

(answering myself with an afterthought)

My wife is 5'2". For her, it is particularly dangerous. She has a small
step stool just for reaching the cupboards. A mess up with hot stuff on the
stove or coming out of the microwave would be a major thing. Plus, she
would definitely have to stand on a stool just to reach up there. And you
can't see the fluid levels sometimes, making it easier to pour stuff on
yourself if you're short.

I just don't like them from a safety and hygeine standpoint.

But, again, IF IT'S WHAT YOU LIKE, OR WHAT YOU HAVE SPACE FOR, GO FOR IT.

Steve