Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default HDTV connections

gcotterl wrote:

The satellite receiver is the only device connected to the HDTV.

The HDMI cable connects "HDTV Digital Audio/Video Output" (on the back
of the satellite receiver) to "HDMI 2" (on the back of the HDTV.

Then you would set HDMI 2 to "Sat", and then configure the remote to work with
your TV (in the SAT box's setup program).

Why HDMI 2, is HDMI 1 free?

What sat. receiver do you have (model number)?

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:34:45 -0800 (PST), gcotterl
wrote:

It's a DishNetwork VIP-622-DVR.

Andy suggested using HDMI 1 but HDMI 2 is available.

But G. Morgan asked you if HDMI is free. Not HDMI 2.

So you didn't answer his question.

You never quote anything the prior poster has written and I think it
confuses not just me or us, but you too. That's why you answered the
wrong question.

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:38:42 -0800 (PST), gcotterl
wrote:

G. Morgan's question was:

is HDMI 1 free?

It was NOT:

I s HDMI free"
]

Because again you skipped the entire previous post, someone who hadn't
read or didn't remember it would have no idea how irrelevant your
reply was. But we both know, don't we?

Yes, I made a typo. G. Morgan, asked: is HDMI 1 free? So, knowing
that, why did you answer the wrong question? I think you should quote
the prior poster so his questions are in front of you when you reply.

You don't like to be criticized, do you, even when your work leaves
obvious room for improvement.