Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure Treated Wood Rotting

On Dec 14, 3:17*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:
Here's a picture of some ground contact pt 6x6's used as a retaining
wall. *It was 18 years old. *I had to replace about half of it. *The
rest was in "ok" condition. *A lot of the rot started where it had to
be cut because the wall curved. *The fresh cuts were done to make it
easier to dispose of.

1. 18 years is pretty good

2. There is a difference between "ground contact" and "durect burial" PT

3. *Cutting always invites rot.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

I knew the cuts contributed but I thought use as a retaining wall was
ground contact, not burial? Guess I though 40 year would get me more
than 18.