Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy Robert Macy is offline

Default Global Warming and what you can do to against it

On Dec 14, 9:43*am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:12:53 -0800 (PST), "."

wrote:
As you know global warming is endangering the future of life on the
planet.

Assumption, the mother of all screwups. *When it's warmer than usual,
it's global warming. *When it's wetter than usual, it's global
warming. *When there's a drought, it's global warming. *When sunspots
fail to appear, it's global warming. *When there's an unscheduled
political change, or the stock market dives, it's global warming.
Anything even slightly off normal, it's global warming. *Somehow, I'm
more than a little suspicious.

Of course the sources of information are also suspect. *The same
people that can't predict if it's going to rain tomorrow, are now
asking us to believe their weather forecast for 100 years from now.
Global computer weather models that predict the future, can't seem to
do as well predicting known events (Maunder Minimum and medieval
warming period) in the past.

In the 1950's, one of the suggestions for preventing global nuclear
self-destruction was to unite the world against a single threat.
Contrived invaders from Mars or other outside influence was the most
common suggestion. *Science fiction was written around this theme.
Well, they were close. *We now have something we can all fight
together, even if it might be faked or contrived. *Maybe spending
money on fighting global warming can save the economy. *Once we fix
global warming, we can get together and fight the oncoming ice age.

--
Jeff Liebermann * *
150 Felker St #D * *http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

Recently on PBS News, "Global Warming blamed for wars in
Africa." ..haven't heard that again, but this was seriously
presented.

With regard to total effects causing global warming, it's just that no
one talks about the magnitude of the effect of methane belching out of
melting tundra, nor the constant fire [major source of CO2] in
Indonesia, nor the magnitude of the effect of that volcano two weeks
ago putting out the equivalent of 25 years of industrial pollution.
All inputs to the model should be put into perspective.

Scare tactics? Years ago, California went through one of its many
drought crises. We were all put onto mandatory cut backs, and
encouraged to reduce consumption 25%. News kept showing empty
reservoirs. We wer to cut back even at the loss of recently installed
expensive landscaping. However, it really took the edge off suffering
through all our personal hardship when I learned that even if EVERY
citizens of California took their personal consumption to 0, that's
ZERO! the dent on water consumption in California would be a 10%
reduction. Takes the edge off all that personal hardship.