Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default House purchase - building survey - what to look out for?

On 14 Dec, 11:43, pete wrote:

Well, yes. Indemnity is one of the benefits of having an expert make an assessment.

I wish.

I've never had a surveyor's report that gave me any confidence they'd
actually visited the property, nor have any of them ever stated
anything with any certainty that would give you a chance of suing them
in the future. Confusing wooden & concrete floors was one, querying
gas boiler safety on a rural house with no mains gas, simply getting
the address confidently wrong throughout.