Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Fein MultiMaster sanding pad attachment on HarborFreight MultiTool

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:46:08 -0500, Tony Sivori
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

* A 2.5", triangular, metal base with a hole for a bolt in the center. *
This metal pad is covered with a 3/8" thick, stiff, sponge-rubber base,
also with a hole in the center.
* The sponge-rubber base is covered on the business side with teeny
Velcro hooks.

The operator mounts the contraption on the tool with a hex-bolt and
snugs the bolt REALLY tight. Then he slaps a Velcro-loop backed bit of
sandpaper on the result.

In case you or anyone else that owns the Harbor Freight multi tool is
interested, I replaced the original hook surface on the sanding pad with
adhesive backed velcro.

I used it and it works great. The first thing I noticed was the on the
brand name Velcro tape, the hooks were much denser than the Harbor Freight
original part.

After a few hours of use, and applying substantial pressure to the tool
(letting the tool do the work, the job was taking forever) the replacement
velcro is holding up a lot better than the original.

OH NO!

Take that new velcro off immediately. As many here have insisted, you
need to go out and buy a more expensive tool! Sticking a new piece of
velcro on the old pad can't possibly work properly, and may even cause
your entire family to die.