Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. SS non-stick saucepans

In article ,
Invisible Man writes:
We like stainless steel non-stick saucepans.

In the past I have had non-stick saucepans that lasted for years. Last 2
sets have started giving up after about 30 months each.

Anyone know of any that do last?

Experience of lifetime guarantees is that they are worthless.
Manufacturers claim anything similar is a vast upgrade and ask for more
for the upgrade than you can buy them for elsewhere.

I have a set of (Meyer I think) teflon coated aluminium pans I bought
in 1985 with glass lids - popular at the time, and the shop display
had a hammer for you to try breaking the lid with. The coating is
still perfect in all of them in spite of lots of use, although the
handles started deterorating in the dishwasher about 10 years ago.
They still get occasional use.

Replaced them with set of Stellar SS pans 10 years ago. Only the
frying pan is teflon coated, and that's still fine. Nothing seems to
stick in the others anyway.

--
Andrew Gabriel