Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default steel plate thickness query (amongst others!)

On Dec 13, 10:31 pm, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
, JimK
writes

Hmm.. sounds like a bridleway.

No. If it were just a bridleway by definition I wouldn't be legally
allowed to access my property by vehicle would I ?

If you own the land you can decide to permit higher rights than those
enjoyed by the general public. Notably granting yourself permission to
take a vehicle along it:-)

Erm are you saying I have to grant myself rights over my own
property!? ********!

Surely as landowner I reserve *all* rights.

Presumably you also grant permission to service vehicles, post etc. The
test of status is whether the rest of us have a right to drive along it.

Which you don't because it's a Bridleway as per Definitive Map.

Where's this stuff coming from? any links to backup your point of
view?

cheers
JimK