Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT... Giving to the less fortunate

Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
snip
Many, many years ago, on PBS, F. Lee Bailey (in his youth)
interviewed H.L. Hunt, a wealthy Texas oil man and Bailey asked the
proverbial "are you still beating your wife" question: "Mr. Hunt,
the history of this country is filled with examples of the wealthy
sharing their largess with the public. One only has to think of the
Carnegies and the Fords to see examples of how they've used their
great wealth to help mankind. Why is it you've never seen fit to
share your bounty with the less fortunate?" Old man Hunt looked at Bailey
as if Bailey had just eaten a bug. "I
use my money to give people something more important that a pretty
picture to look at in some damned museum. I use my money got give
'em a JOB!"

Mr. Hunt answered with a false dichotomy--he could easily have done
both.

Yep. At 50% effectiveness each.

Rmember, Hunt brought his lunch to work every day. In a paper bag. In the
SAME paper bag (until it wore out).