Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default OT... Giving to the less fortunate

casey wrote:
I have always been a believer, in helping the less fortunate when I can.

This year, I feel like being Scrooge!

Our company usually "adopts" 2 families at Christmas. After having my
company not matching my 401, it was a hit to me. Same with having wages
frozen for 2 years, and having to take 10 days per year not paid, plus
giving up 5 personnel days a year. I'm short 3 weeks pay, plus no 401
matching.

Our "boss" said the families we adopted needs cash. WTF?? I have some extra
food I can share, and a couple of new sweaters I'm willing to provide. My
boss says this is unacceptable. The families need to have cash, so they can
buy for their children. I have no idea what the money will go for, drugs
maybe? Besides, I don't have extra cash.

I contacted the Red-X. Said I have food & some new clothes to donate. They
said they have plenty of food & clothes, they need cash. This is no joke,
they actually told me this!

Helping the less fortunate? Since when have people decide what they will
accept as gifts? Bah Humbug, I don't need this crap.

I've always been against employees being coerced by their management to
give to charity. After forced early retirement, my employer continues
to solicit me for the United Way. First time, I sent card back and told
them to stuff it - felt good. Last time, I sent it back and told them I
would pledge 5% of any pension increase - Ha Ha