Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT... Giving to the less fortunate

In article ,
dpb wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

As above, that was the way it was done last time I had a reason
to check, albeit 7-8 years ago now.

How else would you propose they do it? Their job is to raise funds for
their member organizations, whichever they are; they're not in the
business of judging one group's merits over another other than in
relative size of needs to provide the services of the organization
itself (having sat on Board in multiple communities at various times
over a rather long time span dating back to the "Community Chest" days...).

I would propose that if they are going to do it that way, they don't
tell me that all of my money will go to the organization. This is
usually in response to "I want to give to X organization". They then
respond that all of your donation will go the organization, w/o
mentioning the fact that no MORE will go. I just don't like to be
purposely mislead (or at least not given ALL the information).

If you really want your contribution to make a difference to a
particular organization, do it directly to the organization of choice
outside the UW path. (All, though even there, if they're a member
organization there will be some of the same effect as budgets are based
on including historical abilities of the individual organizations'
fund-raising of their own in setting their UW support.)

ALthough more recently it has been that they are getting less
money from UW period.

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.