Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default B&D FireStorm 24VDC Batteries - DIE QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article
,
infiniteMPG wrote:

I have a great Black & Decker 24VDC FireStorm Hammer Drill that works
GREAT. The problem I am having is within the first few months, one
battery wouldn't hold a charge. So I got a spare but now I have a
second one not holding charge. Looked online and since this isn't the
latest and greatest thing now, the batteries are EXPENSIVE!

FireStorm FS240BX Battery Pack

I am not about to pay as much for a new battery as I can buy a new
drill for, so my question is : IS THERE ANY WAY TO REVIVE A
RECHARGEABLE BATTERY????

If they're only lasting a few months take them back for a refund. And buy
a decent make. B&D hasn't been this for years.

I got a 12V firestorm I bought 5 years ago with 2 bats for $29 bucks, I
beat the crap out of it at work for basic things like screw driving,
small holes, nut drivers and tap driver via the use of the clutch and
reverse switch..

its been dropped several times, couple small cracks here and there,
crappie battery charger and the damn thing is still going strong!

When ever I need to unscrew something for inspection, I pop out my
B&D drill and attach the proper bit! , I disc cut the elbow off of
generic hex keys wrenches for the driver bits instead of wasting money
on those socket bits, this also gives me the option of making long ones
from junk hex wrenches and grind the ends down when rounded off.

The secret here guys is! don't keep your batteries on the
When ever I get ready to use it, I use what ever is left in a
battery and if I suspect that I'll be a heavy user, I'll just pop in
the spare battery and charge the other. when finished, they all go back
into their carry case for storage or at least, the charger becomes
unplugged.

I do the same for my laptops!... I don't keep them plugged in when
not in use.

I don't generally have battery problems.