Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ma, I Broke The Plate!

Ron wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Ron wrote:

You appear to be posting from Pennsylvania.

http://www.freecycle.org/group/US/Pennsylvania

LoL I don't know why you'd think that but I'm a "webfoot"-- besides
living in a near constant state of confusion, my home is lovely Oregon
where I would be happy for some warm rain right now instead of this
never-ending cold spell. Brrrrrrrr.... :-)

Ron

The IP address you posted from is listed as being in Pennsylvania.

Oy... I guess as that old song would say "how bizarre, how bizarre."

I see more of these screwups as they shuffle the remaining IP4
addresses around, instead of implimenting IP6. IP addresses are running
out, so it isn't a well organized system these days.

Here is the whois for 72.251.73.171

OrgName: Ad-Base Systems Inc. (DBA GlobalPOPS)
OrgID: ASIDG
Address: 8 Penn Center West Suite 101
City: Pittsburgh
StateProv: PA
PostalCode: 15276
Country: US

NetRange: 72.251.0.0 - 72.251.159.255
CIDR: 72.251.0.0/17, 72.251.128.0/19
NetName: AD-BASE-SYSTEMS
NetHandle: NET-72-251-0-0-1
Parent: NET-72-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.SUPER-DNS.COM
NameServer: NS2.SUPER-DNS.COM
Comment:
RegDate: 2006-09-08
Updated: 2009-05-15

RTechHandle: MTE17-ARIN
RTechName: Teagarden, Matt
RTechPhone: +1-412-697-0111
RTechEmail:

OrgAbuseHandle: NOC2353-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Network Operations Center
OrgAbusePhone: +1-800-732-2019
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgNOCHandle: GNO38-ARIN
OrgNOCName: GlobalPOPs Network Ops
OrgNOCPhone: +1-800-732-2019
OrgNOCEmail:

OrgTechHandle: MTE17-ARIN
OrgTechName: Teagarden, Matt
OrgTechPhone: +1-412-697-0111
OrgTechEmail:

And the IP lookup from DNSStuff

IP Information - 72.251.73.171
IP address: 72.251.73.171
Reverse DNS: node171.73.251.72.1dial.com.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Verified]
ASN: 15206
ASN Name: MDSG-PACWEST
IP range connectivity: 0
Registrar (per ASN): ARIN
Country (per IP registrar): US [United States]
Country Currency: USD [United States Dollars]
Country IP Range: 72.192.0.0 to 72.255.255.255
Country fraud profile: Normal
City (per outside source): Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Country (per outside source): US [United States]
Private (internal) IP? No
IP address registrar: whois.arin.net
Known Proxy? No
Link for WHOIS: 72.251.73.171