Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Fire extinguisher

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:02:31 +0000, Usenet Nutter
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:11:22 +0000, Pete Verdon
wrote:

Given the date on it I'd be inclined to do anything except nothing...

Why? It is a low pressure extinguisher with a benign and stable
extinguishing agent.

.Yellow Pages for your locality will have loads of places listed who
could advise you what the best course of action would be and dispose
of it if that is what is required . .

If you want to dispose of it simply set it off, neither propellant
(probably compressed air) nor extinguishing agent are harmful.

I'm confused by what you ask about the "red capsule in the frame
melting in a fire )...Can't see it but can't see what good that would
do as the foam would probably go everywhere

That's the idea, AFFF is very effective.

but where it was most
useful. Modern extinguishers appear to be made with the usual
squeezable handles .This looks more like the old type you turned
upside down and hit the button on a surface like the floor to operate
it .

Nothing like.

I'd suggest you get a modern one suitable for use on a boat .

Its about as good as you can get for the role, far better than dry
powder.