Posted to alt.home.repair
Pointer Pointer is offline

Default To Drain or Not to Drain

IGot2P wrote:
Kate wrote:
Do you drain the old gas out of your lawnmower every fall, or do you
add stabliizer to it, and leave it in the unit over the winter months?

What about snowblowers? I always add stablizer to the gas/oil mix in
the spring, and leave it in the unit all summer long.

Of course, I always run the equipment for about five minutes after
adding stablizer.

Thanks.

Kate

I don't do anything special to the mover, tiller, nor any other fair
weather gas powered tools and have never had a problem. My gawd, here in
SE Iowa they only set unused from mid November to early April (four to
five months). Actually, I have let some set for as long as three years
and they still started and ran fine. Of course if you want to spend the
time and money put some stabilizer in the gas and let it run for a
couple of minutes before putting it to bed.

ymmv

I do nothing as well on a mower, tractor and small garden tools. BYW
had a great Honda mower for 25 years ... never did anything for the
winter ... and it started everytime on a single pull. Finally junked it
due to the al deck rotting out.