Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default steel plate thickness query (amongst others!)

JimK
wibbled on Sunday 13 December 2009 10:01

mmm how quicks relatively quickly!?

cheers
JimK

Hard to say. Concrete is pretty firm after an overnight set, but not at all
strong. But if it is perfectly bedded, you *might* get away with a car
driven carefully if the underlying ground is solid which it should be if
it's had MOT hammered into it for the last umpteen years. Of course the next
24 hours will see a big improvement.

If it were me, I might try to give the concrete 24h, then suck it and see.
Maybe barrow mix a short test strip to avoid wasting 4m3 if it all goes
pear shaped.

There's a substantial risk it will crack, but if it doesn't, the rest of the
150 yards becomes a much easier job.

How thick do you expect to pour and are you planning any reinforcement?

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...