Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Skylight repair

A branch struck the skylight on the double-wide that we use for our cabin
and but a 10" crack along the side. When I went to inspect it I couldn't
believe how incredibly thing this cover is. I patched it with screen and
caulk but can't see that holding for the winter. Is it reasonable to be
thinking that I should be building a frame of treated wood and attaching it
to the sides of the window (after removing the tissue that I fixed) and
cover that with a piece of 1/8" Lexan. The other option is to use angle
brkts and fasten the frame to the roof and caulk around it. Which plan
sounds the best? TIA Chuck