Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Magnetize your Maglite

Cool -

I have suspended auto headlights over my lathe - remember they say
change both when one burns out ? - the spare I wired both filaments
to together and took the common and ran them to a 12V (AC) transformer.
It was a nice high intensity bulb.

Neat concept Winston - wonder if the larger EMT connectors hold
larger Mag lights ?

Martin

Winston wrote:
I sawed off the threaded portion of this EMT connector.
http://images.lowes.com/product/051411/051411121051.jpg

My MiniMAG LED flashlight fits very nicely in it.

I clamp on a toroidal magnet using the setscrew.
This is very handy to stick on my sheet metal shear so
I can see the cut mark.

--Winston