Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Laminate Over /\/\/\ WAVY /\/\/\ Concrete??????????????

infiniteMPG wrote:
We found a product at local Lowe's Tecsun - Premium .25" Laminate
Underlayment which is a rather thick foam underlayment that not only
cushions the flooring, but acts as a sound barrier and also a moisture
barrier and appears that is could take up some slight variations in
the flooring. We're going to scope out the whole room and try and
assess what the whole picture is.

How hard is it to apply a leveler? We have heard some horror stories
about that, too, and would hate to put in a lot of work and end up
making the floor worse.

Anything soft enough to flatten out over the high spots will also flatten
out when someone stands on the low areas causing the flooring to be pressed
into the low areas with resulting clicking and possible separation of the
pieces. Again you are someone who is trying to find a magic potion that will
allow you to do a good job without any effort nor possibly spending any
money behind the finished product, it is becoming a common question on this
forum. It is what is in the wall or under the floor that makes the finished
job last problem free.