Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Phone ring lowers radio?

On Dec 12, 4:01*am, Higgs Boson wrote:
Is there such a gadget? *I hate having to run to turn down the radio
when the phone rings. *Most of the time I'm in such a
hurry to pick up the phone (I have my reasons) that I don't get to the
radio in time and have to ask them to wait while I do it.
Sounds like a minor thing, but has been an annoyance forever.
Tx for any suggestions.

I dont know if there is something commercial you could buy to do this
but it was in a office phone where I worked one time. A contact had
been added to the hook switch that was used to mute the radio when you
picked up the phone. This required modification of both the phone and
radio.

Jimmie