Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default Is there any easy way to get a tv test pattern on my tv?

In article , NOPSAMmm2005
@bigfoot.com says...

Is there any fairly easy way to get a tv test pattern on my tv screen?

Not the color bands but the circle.

The vertical doesn't seem linear.

It has a built in VCR and I have a DVD player. And a computer, and a
long term plan to take the output of my computer and put it into my
televisions. The plan hasn't even been designed yet, but if this is
the only way to get the test pattern, maybe that will spur me on.

Some DVD's, especially those with thx, have test patterns in the menus.
There are also special test DVD's such as "Avia" or "Video Essentials".

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross