Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Shop Vac Air Lift Platform

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Winston fired this volley in
:

I understand that a helicopter 'engine out' recovery is one of those
life - changing occurrences one hopes never to experience.
I can well do without it, ThankYouVeryMuch!

You must be a civilian "rider".

Yup. Totally. The classical 'zero timer'.

Military rotary-wing pilots practice
auto-rotation landings almost constantly.

That is a reasonable thing to do.
Still, takes 'Balls of Titanium'.
Watching the ground come up that quickly has to be upsetting.

While I was an outpatient at Cam Rahn Bay airbase after a minor wound, I
watched (actually) hundreds of "dead-stick" landings of UH-1s on PSP
runways a week.

As a pilot myself, I get a little tickled by the civilian perception that
when you crash, you die. A military is pilot is taught, "when you crash,
this is what you do next...".

Good things to know, no doubt.
I'm still trying to comprehend the '11 different kinds of altitude'.

--Winston

--

Congratulations Robert Piccinini and Steven A. Burd, WalMart Publicists of the Year!