BigWallop

Default Flue Hole

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Hired all the kit yesterday, cutting away just nicely, turns out
though its not plaster/bricks/space/sanstone its 30 inches of
sandstone !!!
Its not tough to cut but the corer only does about 8 inches at a time,
so far Ive managed to snap each plug off by jamming a crow bar down
the side. I'm now way inside the wall and cant get any leverage, how
on earth do I snap the plug off ?

Not sure if you have a Makro near you, or if you have / can borrow a
card, but they have a cheap SDS drill with chisel action (comes with
about 4 chisel bits IIRC) - it`s about £30 + VAT - that might do the job.

Or put the crow bar on the plug and give it a Big Wallop with hammer. The
shock should snap the plug out easily enough.

It's a bugger that the wall is this thick. I never expected you to come
back with a problem on cutting a hole in a sandstone wall. Your building
must be one of the best built if the walls are that thick.

But sandstone is soft enough to break easily, so take a big hammer and give
it thump.