Mike Patterson

Default HF brad nailer quality?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:22:02 -0500, TT wrote:

Harbor Freight has their 18 ga brad nailer on sale for $20 until
Christmas Eve. Granted, 20 bucks is not much to risk, but I was
wondering if anyone had any feedback on how well it works? My plan is
to use it to attach some cedar paneling to closet walls and I figure
to get thru the paneling + sheetrock and into the wall studs will take
about a 2" brad, which I think is the limit of this particular nailer.
Comments?

TT

Mine works well, though it's sensitive to the pressure used. I run
mine about 80 PSI. Much less and the nails don't fully seat, much more
and they go too deep in the piece.

I mostly use it for fastening trim molding to plywood pieces.

I do wish it would use larger nails, but then again i got what I paid
for...

Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?",
the question is "who has them now?"

http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/...ny/default.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp