Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default security light hookup

"Ed Mc" wrote in message
I just purchased a motion security light that needs to be hooked up. Can I
just hook a regular plug to it and plug it into a standard wall socket? Or
should I get an electrician and have him wire to the panel box in garage?
There is no current fixture at the location I want to use. There is,
however, a wall receptacle just below it. Thanks.

It'll work either way. If you want to set it up as a sort of temporary
light, stick a cord and plug on it. If you want a professional installation,
have an electrician install a box in the wall for it