Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Mean while...

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:49:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

Climate change: Doest the climate change? Yes. Is man causing this?
Hardly plausible let alone proven.

Well, I'll give you that there isn't absolute proof, but then there never
is. But "hardly plausible" doesn't fly. The overwhelming majority
(80-90%?) of experts *in the field* say that our activities are having an
effect.

Now I know you (and HeyBub) are going to claim a giant conspiracy of all
those scientists, but have you considered that the deniers may well (and
some do for a fact) have ties to economic interests for the status quo?
That is, those few with credence in the field - I don't care about the
others.

Someone had a letter in our newspaper a few days ago denying global
warming because there were more Antarctic icebergs than usual and that
proved the glaciers were growing and calving. Today a respondent pointed
out that Antarctic glaciers don't come from icebergs, they come from ice
fields breaking up. And guess why they're breaking up at an increased
rate ...

The above does not address the question of how much of the warming is man
made, the first writer totally denied there was any warming. I see an
awful lot of that. See my sig line :-).