Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default LCD inverter

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 03:37:42 +0900, "Michael Kennedy"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi everyone. I recently got a 22" LCD monitor which has a bad backlight
inverter.. It is a Phillips LC200WX1 which is part of an all in one PC.
This
monitor has 5 CCFL tubes in it. The inverter itself doesn't have a blown
fuse and it was making the backlight flash enough to read the screen.. But
now it is only making some noise.. Hi pitch vibration from the
transformers.

Anyhow.. This thing has no visible electrolytics on it to change... Its
all
SMD The model number on the inverter is KLS-LC200-F

FWIW, here are photos of a KLS-LC200-M inverter for a Toshiba 20HLV86
LCD TV:
http://photos.discount-merchant.com/...itemid=1003800

There is one available here for US$35:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Pro...03800&CartID=0

Google gives plenty of hits for the M version.

DMTECH WQ20XT Inverter - KLS-LC200-M Rev.11 - 6632L-0257A - LC200WX1:
http://flattvparts.co.uk/index.php?m...oducts_id=1708

FWIW, here is a multipart service manual for a Philips 50 & 60 inch
projection DLP HD5 color TV chassis # CT2.0U RA:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...2.0U%20RA.html

It contains a reference to "LC200WX1-SL01".

- Franc Zabkar

Well crap.. Someone bouht that inverter while I was reasearching to see if
it would work.
Just a matter of 5 minutes...