Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default LCD inverter

"whit3rd" wrote in message
On Dec 11, 10:37 am, "Michael Kennedy" wrote:
Hi everyone. I recently got a 22" LCD monitor which has a bad backlight
inverter.. It is a Phillips LC200WX1 which is part of an all in one PC.
This
monitor has 5 CCFL tubes in it. The inverter itself doesn't have a blown
fuse and it was making the backlight flash enough to read the screen.. But
now it is only making some noise.. Hi pitch vibration from the
transformers.

Unfortunately, bad inverters can ruin backlight tubes. Your best bet
is
to get the manufacturer to rebuild it, because it might take
backlight,
inverter AND/OR other parts to complete a repair.

"generic" inverters sound like a good idea, but they aren't likely to
be dimmable or turn off for energy savings or do the other dozen
things the original item was responsible for.

Well I did attempt to power it with 5 laptop inverters... They were not
strong enough to run the CCFLs and they were all a bit dim and after a few
minutes one inverter started to overheat. Anyhow I think the CCFLs are
good.

Thanks,

Mike