Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there any easy way to get a tv test pattern on my tv?

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:18:14 -0500, mm
wrote:

Is there any fairly easy way to get a tv test pattern on my tv screen?

Get a CCTV video camera. Plug video (not RF) output into TV.
Pick a test pattern:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_card
Print on 1200 dpi laser printer. Point camera at pattern. Verify
that the camera is linear in both horizontal and vertical by rotating
the camera 90 degrees. The circle should remains a circle when
rotated.

Not the color bands but the circle.

There used to be rotating test patterns on some obscure CATV channels.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS