Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Purchased the Leblond

On Dec 11, 10:18�pm, "azotic" wrote:
"Ignoramus20864" wrote in message

On 2009-12-12, azotic wrote:
Whadya think ?

http://members.cox.net/azotic/Leblond.jpg

is $1500.00 a good price ?

Most likely it is a good deal.

I checked ebay and they are trying to get $6-7K for that machine.

Luckliy this one has the metric thread cutting gears, face plate,
3 & 4 Jaw chucks, 5c collet adaptor, aloris tool post with a bunch
of holders, taper attachment and original manual. This wasi n a tool & die,
mold shop. The owner said they bought it new. Did a couple of test cuts
and its a tight machine as one would expect on a machine with hardend ways.

Anyway now i can make some .0001" tolerance candle stick holders for
christmas gifts....

Best Regards
Tom.

Tom
A nice lathe to have. And with enough tooling to get going. So pricing
is good. So just be watchful and soon you will have all you need for
it.

When I finally bought my lathe I was tired and fed up with looking. I
did not have enough space for it but coupled with being tired of
fooling around I threw out a binch of stuff to make room for it. I
just sucked up the money thing and did some work for somebody to pay
the bill. Don'rt even remember who it was.

Bob AZ

Bob AZ