Posted to alt.home.repair

Default storm door closer: pin?

woger151 wrote:
My storm door closer has a pin that attaches the closer to the bracket
mounted on the door. The pin will occasionally work itself out.

I'd like to replace the pin with something that won't do that. I had
thought of a pin with a hole for a cotter pin, but there's not all
that much available.

Any suggestions? I thought maybe something some threads at the end,
but I'm not sure what kind of nut I can use that won't come off easily.

Go to a big box or hardware store and look in one of those slide out
compartmented screw boxes that usually have a few each of odd parts
and see if you can find a push nut or push on cap nut. If you replace
your pin with a threaded screw, it could lead to premature wear of
the pivot point. Here are some links to give you an idea of what I'm
referring to.

http://tinyurl.com/ybk7ozh

http://tinyurl.com/y8o9obl

http://www.aaronspushnuts.com/