Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Linear fluorescent light power consumption

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:25:54 -0000, Trevor Smith wrote:

Today I recieved my British Gas electricity monitor and I have noticed that
when I turn on the kitchen lights that are two 58 watt T8 tubes running on
two conventional ballast gear trays the wattage on the monitor shows a draw
of 160 watts which means that if the tube draws 58w then the ballast is
drawing 22watts, would this be correct?.

Trevor Smith

Had one of those and gave it away! Damned thing was telling me that a 15W
CFL was 30W; also that my PC was about 100W - it'd catch fire! The CFL was
near enough PF, but the PC has ~99% PF...

I just wanted to know what's watt.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.