Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_2_] Jay-T[_2_] is offline

Default Lubricating PVC fittings to pre-fit

RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 11, 3:45 am, "Jay-T" wrote:
I am pre-fitting some PVC fitting for a 3-inch sewer drain line
coming down from a first-floor toilet. ...

Buy or jury-rig a couple of strap wrenches.

There is no room or access to be able to get any type of wrenches or tools
in there to make any adjustments. It is hard to describe where the fittings
are exactly.

If I can't figure out a lubricant that works, I'll just have to reach up
there and do the best I can to make the adjustment by hand.

But, I did wonder if there is any kind of lubricant out there that would
work for this of application. If so, I think it would be useful when
pre-fitting a lot of PVC drain lines that require a number of turns, L's,
45's, etc. It would be an easier way to pre-fit and adjust everything, then
mark them with a line-up mark, and later go back and clean and glue the
connections.