Posted to rec.woodworking

Default source for wide edgebanding?

You want "Benderboard". Any pro plywood source will carry benderboard
of some type. It is thin springy plywood, made to be bent about a
frame. You can roll that suuff up into a 12" tube easy. It usually
comes with the bendability in one dimension or the other, so be sure
to the kind that bends along the long length.

On Dec 10, 7:59*pm, Dennis McClendon
wrote:
I'm working on a project to create a large (but lightweight) painted
oval structure that will hang over my dining table, with three pendant
lamps that will hang below it. *I plan to cut an oval 48 x 60 inches
from very thin plywood glued to stiff insulation foam, and around the
edges I want to glue paintable edgebanding or something similar. *But
I'm having trouble finding a source for four- to six-inch wide
edgebanding. *Frama-Tech makes it, but only sells it in 250-foot
rolls. *Any ideas where I could get 200 inches of six-inch-wide
edgebanding?