Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default source for wide edgebanding?

Dennis McClendon wrote:
You're going to paint it? Why not heavy paper or light weight
cardboard?

That would work (I think it's basically what paint-grade edgebanding
is), but where can I get a single strip 200 inches long?

I wanted to have one seam (on the back side) rather than three
distributed around the perimeter. I don't know how I'd bend Luan and
plastic laminate would always be trying to come apart at the seams.

As charlie said, butcher block paper is a possibility. Another is
wallpaper...I'm thinking of the plain, heavy stuff meant as an underlay on
rough walls.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...