Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default 220 V table saws and ground

wrote:
On Dec 11, 12:01 pm, dpb wrote:

That's a big assumption. The fact is that we use light to see.

Well, I can assert that in my case (the only one that actually matters
to me ) it's not an assumption at all. I see fine using the same
wattage-rated bulb in 130V version as the 120V and as long as that is so
it's a win if they last longer...

Then why don't you use a 60W in stead of a 100W, for example?

Because the difference in a 60W @120V wouldn't be enough for a location
that has a 100W in it, either. The substitution is as earlier
stated--simply 130V of whatever I'd use 120V in that location and I'm
good to go.

If you or another finds that isn't the case, you'll/they'll have to
handle it however you/they choose but that wouldn't negate my usage
patterns nor increase my cost (which was the erroneous claim being made).

You're simply fooling yourself.

No, you're simply trying to make an argument that doesn't hold by making
a false requirement that isn't pertinent. IOW, the strawman argument;
if you change the groundrules to suit your purposes you can "win" but it
doesn't negate the conclusions of the original premise at all.