Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Lubricating PVC fittings to pre-fit

On Dec 11, 12:21*pm, wrote:
On Dec 11, 11:19*am, "Jay-T" wrote:

But, I did wonder if there is any kind of lubricant out there that would
work for this of application. *If so, I think it would be useful when
pre-fitting a lot of PVC drain lines that require a number of turns, L's,
45's, etc. *It would be an easier way to pre-fit and adjust everything, then
mark them with a line-up mark, and later go back and clean and glue the
connections.

I've never seen a plumber do anything but dry-fit the fittings.

True, but then again the guy probably broke out the Sawzall with the
Axe demolition blade and made an opening he could climb right into.
Sometimes I swear it would be easier to build the house around the
plumbing than to repair what the Hackmaster General did to the
framing.