Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_2_] Jay-T[_2_] is offline

Default Lubricating PVC fittings to pre-fit

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Jay-T wrote:
I am pre-fitting some PVC fitting for a 3-inch sewer drain line
coming down from a first-floor toilet. ... Has anyone ever tried
lubricating PVC fittings first just to get the
fittings lined up correctly, ....

We spilled some Armor All on the kitchen floor last night and
it darned near turned the place into a skating rink! I don't
know if it would work or how to get it off afterwards but the
PVC cleaner/primer always seem to fix things up fairly well.

I'm still experimenting. Maybe that will work. Who knows?

This morning I tried baby powder -- didn't work. I got the idea when doing
an Internet search and found something about powdered lubricants.

I also tried Surgi-Lube which is a water-based lubricant that is used in
some medical and EMS applications. That didn't work either.