Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Lubricating PVC fittings to pre-fit

On Dec 11, 8:29�am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

If worse comes to worse, pvc fittings are not that expensive, so maybe you
can just remove some material from them so they can rotate, and sacrifice
them for this particular app, and have spares on hand.
Keep them around for future fit-ups, but mark them so you don't
inadvertantly use them.

--
EA

I like your idea EA.

Another thing you might try is hair spray. It will make things very
slippery. I use hair spray to install handlebar grips on motorcycles.
Altho I am not sure what would happen if you let it sit long enough to
dry, it may glue them together. Usually takes awhile to dry if you use
a lot. If you try this, let us know if it works. :-)

Hank