Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default UPS batteries

William Sommerwerck wrote:
I had argued that UPS manufacturers would err in favor of
faster charge times just to reduce the user's perceived
"exposure" *after* an outage.

In the Seattle area, an outage is often followed by a restoration, than a
second outage. I've learned to wait to reboot.

You also have to make sure your PC is set to *neither*
"turn on" nor "resume previous state" when power is
restored. Nothing gets me more anxious than watching
the lights flicker, PC going off, then on, then off,
then on... just let the damn thing go *off* and *I*
can figure out when it's best to turn it back on!

:-/