Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default source for wide edgebanding?

"Dennis McClendon" wrote in message
You're going to paint it? Why not heavy paper or light weight cardboard?

That would work (I think it's basically what paint-grade edgebanding
is), but where can I get a single strip 200 inches long?

I wanted to have one seam (on the back side) rather than three
distributed around the perimeter. I don't know how I'd bend Luan

How tight a bends would you need? 1/4" Luan bends pretty well. That's why
they use it for backyard boat building. Make sure your scarfs are in the
straighter sections just to be safe. Epoxy your scarf joints.