Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Lifted from another group.

"Oppie" wrote in message

Someone told me Garador is a subsidiary of a well known helicopter
manufacturer - now I look up nervously and get ready to run whenever I
hear a helicopter overhead.

http://www.arridgegaragedoors.co.uk/...rage_doors.htm
Garador are one of Britain's oldest garage door manufacturers. They began
as Westland Engineers, Yeovil, Somerset as part of the Westland Helicopter
Group. Approximately 4 years ago they were bought out by the big German
garage door manufacturer Hormann.

Although trading as a separate entity to Hormann the Garador range of
doors work on Hormann lifting gear which is of very high quality. Also,
the Garador Remote Controls are Hormann products branded as Garador
products. The Garamatic 7 is in fact the Hormann Promatic and the Garador
10 is the Hormann Supramatic.

That's even more extraordinary that such ****e workmanship comes from a
German owned company!!!!

The door mechanism jammed after only a couple of weeks, the engineer had to
be called out to untangle it, even he admitted the Garador was ****e
compared to the Ellard doors that were there when the current landlord took
over the properties.

At the moment, mine is the only one in the row with an intact door handle,
mine fell apart the first time I used it so I glued it back together with
superglue then drilled a hole in it and filled the hollow bit with silicone
bath sealant for extra strength. Some of the others have to get hold of the
nut with mole grips!