Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default OT - budgets

The Natural Philosopher
wibbled on Friday 11 December 2009 10:39

They [banks] are no different in principle from a dealer selling crack on
a sink estate.

That really has to go down as the ultimate quote in the history of failed
banking!

The real answer here is to force mutualisation on high street banks.
And split them from investment banks completely.

If a bank is too big to fail, chop it up.

That's exactly what I've said.

There is no way that he should have been allowed to hedge my grand in RBS
against any investments.

Secondly, the banks must have been not doing their job to even start buying
into the sub prime stuff. Does no one look into these things?

Goodwin should have been fired in disgrace, not bribed off into early
retirement. There are a lot of staff in my local branch who are not happy
with the way he has sullied the bank's name and ruined its standing.

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...